|Nutrition Value – 100 gr.||Amount|
|Energy – Kcal||597|
|Protein – g||22,1|
|Fat – g||52,8|
|Carbohydrate – g||19,3|
Almonds are one of the best healthy snacks with its texture, taste and healthy benefits. It is a perfect source of vitamins and minerals. 1/2 teacup of almond contains high nutritional value as to meet 45% of our daily magnesium need and 20% of our copper need. These nutritious, protein source nuts help you to control blood sugar and lower cholesterol as they are full of dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium and antioxidants. The fat in it makes you feel full and helps you to lose weight. Moreover, it ensures double protection against diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
Almonds are used in the snack and bakery industry and in the production of paste, biscuit, chocolate, ice cream or fillings for chocolate pralines.
- Filled with antioxidants: Antioxidants help to protect against oxidative stress, which can damage molecules in cells and contribute to aging and diseases like cancer.
- High vitamin E: Protects your cell membranes from damage.
- Blood sugar control: Nuts are low in carbs, but high in healthy fats, protein and fiber which makes them a perfect choice for diabetics.
- Lower blood pressure: The magnesium in almonds helps to lower blood pressure levels.
- Lower cholesterol level: Almonds do more than just lower LDL levels in the blood, they also protect the LDL from oxidation, which is a crucial step in the heart disease process.
- Weight loss: Almonds are low in carbs, and high in both protein and fiber that are known to increase satiety. They help people feel more full, so they end up eating fewer calories.
- Healthy brain function: Almonds are often considered one of the best brain foods. Almonds nutrition is somewhat unique in that almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, two key nutrients capable of positively affecting neurological activity and preventing cognitive decline.
- Healthy skin: Almonds are a great source of vitamin E and other antioxidants that nourish the skin and reduce signs of aging.
- Cancer prevention: Almond contains gamma- tocopherol, a type of vitamin E that acts powerful antioxidant, fighting free radical damage and oxidative stress that can cause cancer.
- Better digestion: Almond contains probiotic components that can help with digestion, detoxification and healthy bacterial growth within the gut flora, a key to actual utilizing nutrients from food and preventing nutrient deficiencies.
- Strong bones and dental care: Almond is a good source of the trace minerals like magnesium and phosphorus, crucial nutrients for building and maintaining strong teeth and bones.
Storage: Should be stored in cool, dry, clean and well-ventilated places for longer life and quality.