- Boost immune system: The high concentration of vitamin C and other antioxidant compounds in chestnuts make them an ideal boost to your immune system.
- Helps manage diabetes: Chestnut is a good source of dietary fiber that plays in the regulation, prevention, and management of diabetes.
- Better digestion: Chestnuts have one of the highest content of dietary fiber in the world of “nuts”, which means that they are powerful allies in any gastrointestinal struggle.
- Healthy brain function: Chestnuts are rich in the B family vitamins (e.g., folate, riboflavin, thiamine) which are directly linked to proper neurological development and function.
- Prevent chronic illnesses, cancer: Chronic illnesses of all kinds are caused by the release of free radicals, the natural byproducts of cellular respiration. These can cause healthy cells to mutate, resulting in cancer, oxidative stress and a number of chronic illnesses. Without antioxidants like those found in chestnuts, our body would be fighting battles on many fronts, so increasing your defenses with a handful of chestnuts a day is a good idea.
- Healthy heart: Many people think of fats as a bad thing to be burned off during a diet, but in fact, our body needs a number of other fats to function normally. These good fats, found in high concentrations in chestnuts, help to balance our cholesterol, reduce inflammation throughout the body, and lower the risk of atherosclerosis and blood clots building up in the body.
- Strong bones and dental care: Chestnut is a good source of the trace minerals like magnesium and phosphorus, crucial nutrients for building and maintaining strong teeth and bones.
- Filled with antioxidants: A high amount of Vitamin C, Gallic acid, and Ellagic acid make chestnut a strong and very effective anti-oxidant.
- Weight loss: Chestnut is low on fat but are high on energy quotient. The abundant fiber content of chestnut makes you full and keeps you full for longer which naturally curbs appetite.
Storage: Should be stored in cool, dry, clean and well-ventilated places for longer life and quality.