|Nutrition Value – 100 gr.||Amount|
|Energy – Kcal||599|
|Protein – g||28|
|Fat – g||52,5|
|Carbohydrate – g||15,3|
Peanut is a perfect source of protein and gives energy & strength to the body. It is useful in strengthening bones and muscles. It also increases potency. It relaxes both physical and mental tiredness, facilitates learning and enhances heart health. By decreasing the cholesterol level in blood, it decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Peanuts are protective against many types of cancer such as breast, prostate and colon. Moreover, it assists the immune system. Since it regulates the sugar level in blood, it is beneficial for diabetic patients.
Peanuts are consumed as a snack, used in bakery and confectionery.
- Rich in energy: Peanuts contain vitamins, minerals, nutrients and anti-oxidants and thus are rich energy sources.
- Balanced cholesterol: It lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body. Peanuts contain mono-unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid that prevents coronary diseases.
- Proper body growth: Peanuts are rich in proteins. The amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body.
- Fight stomach cancer: Poly-phenolic anti-oxidants are present in the peanuts in high concentrations. P-Coumaric acid has the ability to reduce the risk of stomach cancer by reducing the productions of carcinogenic nitrous-amines.
- Fights against Heart Diseases, Nerves Diseases, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Infections: A poly- phenolic anti-oxidant, Resveratrol present in peanuts prevents heart diseases, cancers, nervous diseases and viral or fungal infections efficiently.
- Reduces the Chances of Stroke: The anti-oxidant, Resveratrol in peanuts prevents heart strokes by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
- Anti-oxidant: Peanuts contain anti-oxidants in high concentrations. These anti-oxidants become more active when peanuts are boiled.
- Healthy skin and hair: The robust amount of vitamin E in hazelnuts can contribute to maintaining healthy skin and hair by improving moisture and elasticity.
- Blood sugar regulation: Manganese in peanuts helps in calcium absorption, fats and carbohydrates metabolism and sugar level regulation in blood.
Storage: Should be stored in cool, dry, clean and well-ventilated places for longer life and quality.