|Nutrition Value – 100 gr.||Amount|
|Energy – Kcal||585|
|Protein – g||23,7|
|Fat – g||49,7|
|Carbohydrate – g||21,5|
Pistachios are one of the top favorite Turkish taste and very nutritious food. It is very rich in vitamins and minerals. Pistachio is twice as rich in protein as beef, and four times as rich in phosphor. It also contains high amount of vitamins E, B and C complex. 100 gr of pistachio includes 4.0 g pulp (fiber). It has cholesterol decreasing effect, and is also effective in decreasing coronary heart diseases. Pistachio decreases glucose absorption in small intestines while preventing increase of blood sugar. It is a good cleaner of lung inflammation.
Pistachios are suitable to use for bakery, biscuit, chocolate, ice cream production and also as a snack.
- Weight management: Pistachios are the first choice for people who are dieting. Evidence suggests that pistachios, with their lower calories, high protein, low saturated fat, and high unsaturated fats, are an ideal contender as compared to other nuts and dried fruits for ideal weight management.
- Eliminates skin dryness: The saturated fat plays a major role in this aspect. The fat also acts as a good carrier or base oil as it is used as an ingredient in traditional therapies like aromatherapy and traditional massage therapy.
- Anti-oxidant: Pistachios contain anti-oxidants in high concentrations. Even the shells of pistachios are found to contain a considerable amount of antioxidants.
- Defense Against Diabetes: The antioxidants present in pistachios helps in reducing the process of glycation and thus can help in controlling diabetes.
- Absorption of Iron: Pistachios have a high copper content, which helps in the higher absorption of iron into the body from food sources. This can help combat conditions like anemia.
- Healthy heart: Pistachios help in reducing bad cholesterol, LDL and increases good cholesterol, HDL in the body thus preventing heart diseases. It also increases strength of the nerves making heart stronger.
- Healthy skin and hair: The robust amount of vitamin E in hazelnuts can contribute to maintaining healthy skin and hair by improving moisture and elasticity.
Storage: Should be stored in cool, dry, clean and well-ventilated places for longer life and quality.